Whitchurch Primary School
Whitchurch Primary School
22 Bristol Road
Bristol BS14 0PR
Tel: 01275 833593
Our aims are listed below and all of our contact details, staff members and email address can be found on our website – www.whitchurchprimary.co.uk
Our aim is to educate your child to best develop his/her potential and to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated education, within the framework of the National Curriculum and the Bath and North East Somerset Education Authority’s Curriculum Statement.
In order to achieve our aims we will endeavour to provide opportunities for children to:
- Listen attentively and with understanding for enjoyment and information.
- Read fluently, with understanding for enjoyment and information.
- Write legibly and attractively, with good spelling and grammar and to use those skills to express themselves clearly, whether functionally or imaginatively.
- Acquire and apply computational skills with speed and with accuracy and to understand the applications of mathematical ideas in various situations.
- Be aware of the geographical, historical and social events of the local environment, the country at large and of other places and times.
- Develop agility, physical co-ordination and strength and the ability and confidence to use these skills alone or in co-operation with others.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others, acquire moral values, and develop habits of self-discipline and acceptable social behaviour.
- Acquire a range of ICT skills.
St Nicholas Pre-School – Building a better future for your children
We are a small, friendly Pre-School which we run as a charity. We are located at
St Nicholas Church Hall,
Bristol BS14 9BY.
Pre–School is an important step between home and school. It is here that the foundations of learning are laid. We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
Morning times – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 12.00pm
Afternoon times – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12.30pm to 3.00pm
We also run groups for 0 to 3 year olds, First Steps and Little Learners, these groups are held at
Whitchurch BS14 0PT.
First Steps is a parent/carer and child group catering for children from birth to 2 years old. We are open Thursday mornings 10.00am to 11.30am.
We offer a chance for you and your child to socialise and make new friends in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. The session includes large play mats to provide a safe environment for babies, plus a wide variety of play equipment to suit older toddlers. We provide a drink and biscuit during the session. At the end of the session we have bubbles and a sing song.
The leaders of this group are Lisa & Steph. Contact us on 07833 656140 for more information and to be put on the waiting list.
Little Learners is a group for 2 to 3 year olds and their parents/carers, which is held on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9.30am to 11.15am.
Our aim is to provide an early step into a safe, caring and happy learning environment, helping children to develop at their own pace, encouraging their understanding of the world around them.
We offer fun and friendship with their own age group and adults, and an opportunity for you to be directly involved in the activities of the group and your own child’s progress.
Louise and Michele run the group. Please contact Louise on 0774 741 1460 for more information and to be put on the waiting list.
Pre–School Mobile: 07759 381610
Administration for Pre–School/First Steps: 07833 656140
Little Learners: 0774 741 1460