A referendum relating to the adoption of Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 16 November 2016.
The question which will be asked in the referendum is:
‘Do you want Bath & North East Somerset Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Whitchurch Village to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Area, and is identified on the map included with this information statement.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The referendum expenses limit is £2,427.37. The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 1,108.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
Copies of the documents listed below and overleaf are available for public inspection during normal office opening hours at:
One Stop Shop, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
Bath Central Library, 19-23 The Podium, Northgate Street, Bath BA1 5AN
Whitchurch Parish Council, Community Centre Office, Bristol Road, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0PT
Sleep Lane Dental Practice, Sleep Lane, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0QN
The documents can also be viewed on Bath & North East Somerset Council’s website at:
List of documents available for public inspection
- The draft Neighbourhood Plan
- The report of the independent examiner into the draft Neighbourhood Plan
- A summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- The statement of the local planning authority (Bath & North East Somerset Council) that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the relevant legislation;
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning (including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum;
- A map of the Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan area.
Bath & North East Somerset Council
Guildhall, High Street, Bath BA1 5AW
Map of Whitchurch Village Neighbourhood Plan Area